DoD Risk Management Framework
Benefit from more informed, risk-based decision making.
The transition from DIACAP to the Department of Defense (DoD) Risk Management Framework enables agencies to effectively manage the lifecycle cyber security risk to IT and make more informed, risk-based decisions.
Because our practitioners were instrumental in shaping the current policy, we can help you address these challenges to successfully transition your organization. Our Risk Management Framework (RMF) approach builds on the framework’s 6 steps (Categorize, Select, Implement, Assess, Authorize, Monitor) by capitalizing on extensive experience delivering RMF services to the federal civilian sector.
Seamlessly Transition from DIACAP
The transformation from DIACAP to the DoD Risk Management Framework presents multiple challenges for organizations, including:
- Changing traditional certification and accreditation (C&A) processes
- Implementing new cybersecurity controls
- Adopting new terminology for cybersecurity roles and processes
- Shifting roles and responsibilities
To address these challenges, we assist you by:
- Performing a gap analysis of existing processes and technologies
- Identifying the scope of work required to fully implement DoD RMF requirements
- Leveraging current documentation and procedures where possible
- Developing and implementing risk-focused tools and procedures
- Delivering a compliant cybersecurity program focused on risk-based decision making
We capitalize on our experience in Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM), continuous assessment, and cybersecurity integration with the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) to implement a complete cybersecurity program that delivers cyber risk management, not just C&A packages.
Further, we integrate the Project Management Institute (PMI) and Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Maturity Level 2 methodologies on all DoD RMF efforts to ensure consistency, repeatability, quality, and efficiency.
Why Veris Group?
Because we helped create the DoD Risk Management Framework, we use our deep expertise to seamlessly migrate your organization. This includes:
- Tailoring the RMF to your organization and aligning supporting functions to realize framework efficiencies
- Integrating with your System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and acquisition system activities to ensure a cost-effective transition from the beginning
- Providing continuous monitoring for near real-time decisions
- Leveraging similarities in control implementation to consolidate systems into logical boundaries
- Producing fewer C&A packages and reducing the amount of resources needed to complete the overall process
Our DoD Risk Management Framework services help you:
- Gauge potential impact of risk-based decision making on your organization’s mission
- Reduce time spent obtaining DoD and other federal agency authorizations with reciprocal acceptance
- Increase the likelihood of executing future projects on time and on budget by building security into systems proactively
- Enhance efficiency through information assurance control inheritance and reuse